Video

Metal Gear Rising: Revengence, PC Port Rundown

Note: Upon release, the game won’t play at all if you’re offline on steam due to a glitch in Steam’s API systems. None of the devs or publishers knew about this, and work on a fix is already going down. This note will change depending on how things pan out.

Display settings for Revengence

Display settings for Revengence

24 thoughts on “Metal Gear Rising: Revengence, PC Port Rundown
  1. This game looks beyond fucking stupid, why would I want to play it in the first place?

2. Freakydemon on said:

>Talks about options menu
    >Doesn’t show options menu
    >Menus are boring
    Wang pls

3. only 21GB left for my download, I sure hope this is worth downloading a week for.

• Jack Ragasa on said:

Yeah I really would’ve liked it if they just rendered cutscenes in-game. It would’ve cut down on the HDD footprint immensely and look better overall.

I’d say its worth it though. Its the only other game I’ve bought twice, the first being La Mulana.

4. “Enough semantics, now let’s cut to the chase.”
    I don’t think you should use that word if you don’t know what it means.

5. Comment Guy on said:

“My run of the mill PC” “i5 processor, G460, and 8 gigabytes of RAM” Are you high or do you live is some kind of gated community that has NSA powerfull computers at every turn. My friend, you have a powerful PC. I’m currently building my new PC and specs like that are costing me an arm and a leg. Also for anyone who is reading this, can you list off physical PC games that have minimal to no DRM (minimal meaning CD keys, NO STEAM FOR THIS PC!)?

• Jack Ragasa on said:

Haha, editors gave me flak for that too but compared to modern tech it’s barely within mid range in terms of power. Luckily this game is well optimized so most ranges can handle it.

Also, buy during holidays. Newegg usually does component sales every 2-3 months. And if you want DRM free games, you want GoG. I doubt Revengence is on there though, its looking like a steam exclusive atm.

• Comment Guy on said:

I already have a GOG account. I’ve seen safe DRM list on Amazon, but I was wondering if there are any PC games I could get in a game store. I really miss the days when all you had to put up with was CD keys. I’m hoping if Wasteland 2 and Pillars of Eternity (both PC games coming to shelves with no DRM) sell well, there might be a resurgent in DRM free PC games. Obsidian (makers of Pillars) already said publishers are taking an interest.

• Freakydemon on said:

Physical with minimal DRM pretty much means nothing past 2007, have fun. Digital without DRM is a lot easier.

• Is this a ruse or are you a thirdworldfriend?
      And i5 and 460 is barely midrange in contemporary terms.

6. fish.heads on said:

I pre-purchased this but haven’t been able to play it because my motherboard decided to shit itself and die literally an hour before release. Thanks MSI!

7. Rickie on said:

A few presentation critiques:

1. Try not to use the same footage twice. I know that not everything you talk about has video footage related to the topic so to speak, but try not to repeat what you show. Also, I agree with Freakydemon. If you’re going to talk about menus, put footage of that in the video and don’t have a separate pic in the article.

2. The pauses between when you speak are too long. If you were to take those out, this video would be way shorter. If you use audacity, there’s a “Truncate Silence” effect tool that can help with this a lot. It makes silence last for a maximum duration of your choice so you don’t have these really awkward and long pauses. You still might have to play around with the length of your pauses a bit to make it sound more natural, but it certainly helps. Just note that you have to record all your audio as one recording for this to work.

Other than that, good video. Your content was solid.

8. Mehbah on said:

I wouldn’t mind seeing more PC port rundowns in the future. These days you can’t trust that the PC version of even games with simultaneous PC and console releases are up to standard.

9. the comments here suck