Post

Gather Your Podcast Episode 44

gypcolored2

DownloadRSSSubscribe on iTunes

On this week’s Gather Your Podcast – Kyle, Mike, Amer, and Matt discuss: EA says Golden Poos were a wake-up call, Dead Rising 3 and Xbox One cloud computing, World of Warcraft expansion, FTL expansion, griefing in Minecraft and other games, MGSV, next-gen consoles too weak for Oculus Rift, and more!

15 thoughts on “Gather Your Podcast Episode 44
  1. Grizzly Magnum on said:

Look I am sorry for but please people look at dead meat it is a kickstarted by maxwell atoms the man who made billy and mandy.

2. EdgeWeiss on said:

Have you guys ever thought about discussing the way all these new games coming out seem to want you to use your tablet and/or phone to mess around and do stuff? Because there are a lot more of them than just Dead Rising 3. The Division, Assassin’s Creed IV, Battlefield 4, Destiny… They’re all pushing for integration with other devices.

3. Comment Troll on said:

What happened to the different music intro you guys use to play?

• Michael Talley on said:

We made the switch to original music awhile back. I try to whip up new stuff for special occasions (call of duty, Halloween, etc.) and there are some variations that I’m working on.

4. Yalyn V. on said:

I guess I like to talk about the resolution a little. I started playing LoL like 5 months ago and the biggest curse I got from it was the locked-camera. I don’t know why the devs would think it would be good idea to have that on by default but hey it’s there.

The common discussion about LoL and many other MOBAs is that, does having a larger resolution give you a better advantage or not? Does it matter? Is it fair for those who have bad computer have to play the game with smaller res while gaming computers can handle larger res? Or do we just shut up and play the game with camera unlocked and always look at the mini-map?

Also hearing that Pros would play CS:GO 720p is just as odd as the champions of the LoL Season 3 plays with Windowed mode: http://puu.sh/4HdVF.jpg

I guess I am off to play Dota 2 soon…

• Michael Talley on said:

I’ve been playing Dota since roughly 2004 though for about a year I did League of Legends and I can go on for hours about about the gameplay differences but locked camera by default is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve seen in the genre. The minimap is important as a quick reference but the ability to freely move the camera is essential in gathering information. The other thing about Dota 2 is that the hud and camera directly scale from different resolutions. Lower fidelity is mitigated by Dota’s artstyle which gives heroes higher contrast color schemes than the environment and no matter what cosmetic items are applied, they are all very distinguishable once you play enough.

Also, I’ve thought about doing a Dota 2 primer or video for the site where me and Marcus forcibly teach Kyle and Amer the basics of the game. Maybe as a Christmas present.

• Marcus Puckett on said:

Yeah I’m always down for that. They just added a coaching mode in so that might make it even easier to do since every time I try to teach some one I just give up and start farming so we can win. We can only have one coach at a time, though. To bad spectating is on a delay.

5. Amer, do you believe that MGS2 was a simulation? The evidence is definitely there.

• Amer Hmaidan on said:

Actually, MG: Ghost Babel was the simulation. It’s mentioned in the end of MGS2. The game features VR missions where you relive the events that happened at Galuade, but with added challenges. The name of the man going through the VR missions? Jack. And it’s heavily implied that his guide is Arsenal Gear.

However, GB itself is non-canon, which makes sense. The events of Galuade were constructed by the Patriots to be a VR playground for Raiden, both to train his skills and have him feel like he really is Solid Snake.