Do you want to install Kodi on your Fire device? Well, you can do that easily. Since kodi is a third party software, you can’t directly install it from the app store. You need to sideload kodi on firestick. There are various ways to install firestick on kodi. It includes using ES file explorer, downloader app. You can also install kodi on firestick with PC. Don’t worry if you don’t have a PC, there are ways to install Kodi on Firestick without PC. In this article, we focus mainly on ways to install kodi on firestick without PC.
How to Install Kodi On Firestick Without Computer?
You may install Kodi on FireStick using a PC. But, it is not always very convenient. You can install Kodi on FireStick without PC as well. We can also show you how to side-load Kodi on FireTV easily without the need of any computer.
The process is simple and safe. Let’s get started. Here, we can also show the step by step process for how to install Kodi on firestick with a computer.
Step 1 – Install the Downloader App:
First of all, you need to do to get Kodi on FireStick without a computer is to download the Downloader app. The Downloader app is one of the very popular apps among those who side-load apps onto their Fire devices.
If you want to download this app, you need to go to the Amazon Store and get it.
You can simply select the ‘Search’ icon on the menu bar which is present at the top left of the Fire stick home screen and then you have to type in Downloader. Now, you have to follow the onscreen instructions to install this app.
Step 2 – Enable Apps from Unknown Sources:
Now, you have to allow the installation from third-party sources. Since Kodi is not available on the Amazon app store. So, we must do this for it.
- Now, you can select the ‘Settings’ on the menu bar which is present at the top left of the FireStick home screen.
- Next, you have to navigate to ‘Device’ using your remote and then open it.
- Now, you have to select the ‘Developer Options’.
- Here, you will see ‘Apps from Unknown Sources’. In that, you have to turn it ON.
Step 3 – Install Kodi Using Downloader App:
Now we are all set. Here are the steps to install Kodi on FireTV without a computer:
- First, you have to open the Downloader app.
- Select Browser from the left sidebar.
- Use your remote to navigate to the address bar and then press ‘Select’ button on the remote.
- Type in THIS URL using the onscreen keyboard and then press Go on the keyboard.
- Locate the Download link on the page and click it.
- APK file will start to download.
- Once the download is finished, it will start installing automatically.
- The notification screen will appear saying ‘App installed’ and with two buttons: Done and Open.
- Now, you have to click on the ‘Done’ to exit and to open the app later; Next, you can click on the ‘Open’ option to open the Kodi app immediately.
- I press ‘Done’. It takes me back to Downloader where a pop-up is open with Install and Deletes button. Press ‘Delete’ to delete the APK file from your device. You don’t need it anymore.
Now you can go back to the FireStick home screen. You may see the app there. If the app is not listed there, press and hold the Home button on your remote and select ‘Apps’. Scroll down to the bottom and you will find Kodi there.