Article

Sega Announces Alien: Isolation

Without any of the ARG build-up that horror fans have grown so accustomed to these days, Sega has announced Alien: Isolation. Developed by Creative Assembly, the game hopes to recapture the sci-fi horror of the original Alien film. Early press releases have already confirmed that the game will feature a grand total of one xenomorph and that the focus of the gameplay will be on stealth and survival. The game’s protagonist is also none other than Amanda Ripley whom fans already know as Ellen Ripley’s daughter from one of the deleted scenes in the second film.

Either we have a guaranteed happy ending on our hands or the game will explain how Weyland-Yutani forged the records of her death for as of yet, unknown reasons. Who knows? We might even see a Prometheus tie-in and have yet another game about fighting evil black goo. At this point, anything’s better than Colonial Marines. Gamers will be able to see if Creative Assembly can step over a remarkably low bar later this year on PC and consoles.

12 thoughts on “Sega Announces Alien: Isolation
  1. serpen1 on said:

I’m surprised yet optimistic they’re trying again so quickly.
    Then again I’m also surprised Gearbox still gets an ounce of fucking respect for anything they do or ever plan to do after being some of the worst lying, unfunny pieces of shit in the entire industry and have really only made games that are mediocre at best and Duke Nukem Forever at worst.

• hey, it is almost universally agreed that opposing force was great.

• Michael Talley on said:

It’s also almost universally agreed that Baldur’s Gate 2 was great.

• serpen1 on said:

Sorry, I meant to say made recently, like the last console generation or so.
          Pretty dumb of me considering I like opposing force.

• Michael Talley on said:

I was actually being sarcastic and pointing out that many studios that get attached to major publishers often become shells of their former selves. It’s not to say that it happens to every studio, just that publishers are keen on putting out “profitable” titles under familiar studios.

• Comment warrior on said:

Baldur’s Gate 1 was better. 2 felt like it was playing catch up with Planescape: Torment

2. I think the concept sounds like fun and the gameplay footage I saw is promising. I hope Creative Assembly can soothe the pain Colonial Marines left in my Alien fan soul.

3. Didn’t creative assembly make PC only so far?
    or maybe I am wrong.

4. Ugh, not another first person horror hide-y game.

5. goombagore on said:

The animation on the xenomorph at the end looked awful. Otherwise, it looks kind of . . . lazy? Seems like they’re relying a lot more on the “Alien” mythos to establish atmosphere than anything else, which is never a good sign.

6. A Feral Jew on said:

I’m sure it’ll be average.

Just like everything else Gearbox is involved with.