The fine folks at The Behemoth just announced that they’re bringing their popular title Castle Crashers to Steam. The news comes with great reception from a community that’s long-awaited the game’s release on the PC platform (since 2008 might I add). The features and requirements for the PC version are as follows:
Castle Crashers Steam Features:
- Integrated voice chat
- Steam Achievements
- Gamepad support
- Steam Cloud Support
- Local and Online Multiplayer
- Colorful hand drawn 2D visuals!
- Over 30 levels plus five arena modes
- Unlock more than 25 characters and over 40 weapons!
- Intuitive combo and magic system: Unlock an arsenal of new attacks as your character progresses through the game.
- Experience system: Level up your character and adjust Strength, Magic, Defense, and Agility.
- Animal orbs: These adorable little companions each add different abilities to aid you on your journey
- Arena mode: Battle other players in free-for-all or team matches with four unique modes to choose from!
- Insane Mode: Test your skills in the ultimate campaign challenge.
- OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8
- Processor: Dual Core Processor 2GHz+
- Memory: 1GB
- Hard Disk Space: 300MB
- Video Card: Graphics: 256 MB dedicated directx 9.0c compatible card
- Sound: DirectX 9.0 compatible sound card
Castle Crashers is a beat ‘em up platform game renowned for its simplistic gameplay, art and humor. With a Metacritic average of 83.5%, it has won several awards and found itself ranked highly compared to other “arcade releases”.