Ubisoft released a game about 3 weeks ago that I can’t honestly review…or even play. This is the most unplayable game that I’ve come across in a while. It’s quite unfortunate, since I thought Ubisoft was fixing their problems on PC by removing some of the more restrictive DRM and having a nice Rayman port available on Steam. Instead of going through this in too much detail, let me give you a list of the things that I experienced and noticed. There are worse things on the Ubisoft forums.
- No keyboard and mouse support. It works, but barely.
- Uplay DRM.
- Freezes if I cancel matchmaking.
- No servers for multiplayer.
- Single player desktop crashing.
- Patches 1.1 and 1.2 apparently broke the game harder.
- Broken resolutions and low-res textures. Anti-aliasing seems broken in some way.
- Lack of VOIP, you have to use third-party programs like Skype. This is further made worse since I don’t know anyone on U-Play.
- Menu lag
Some day, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. Some day I will be able to play this game. But not today. Or tomorrow either. Apparently the team is working hard on the issue. The question that I’m begging to ask is: how did this get past quality control? Are the console versions this bad too?
I did happen to get a review copy of the game, and I thank Ubisoft for that. I might try to play the game later on my Xbox, but I’m expecting similar gamebreaking bugs in a different package.