Gather Your Party

HONEST GAMING JOURNALISM

Kirby 64 – History and Analysis

Kirby 64 – History and Analysis

Filed under: , , , ,

1. Wretch says:

Holy crap, that final boss battle in Kirby 64 is some Evangelion shit.

• Panic234 says:

and if you look at you look at the final boss in Kirby’s Dream Land 3, it’s the original Zero. the one in Kirby 64 is named Zero Two, or 02 just like an Eva. but it doesn’t stop there, in Kirby 64 there is also a boss named Pix, that is pretty much 3 baby Ramiels (the geometric looking angel) and there’s another boss in the same game that is similar to an angel called Miracle Matter. i feel like there’s something beneath Kirby’s cute surface >.>

2. Curiosity says:

Great video! I like the fact that you did something on a game that several people have probably forgotten.

I loved this game so much when I was a kid though. It got a lot of hate from critics, but I seriously can’t see why anyone would be able to dislike it! Personally, I feel like it’s one of the best Kirby games out there!

• Kevin Grant says:

To me, it’s more than that: it was a Nintendo game that took some serious risks with a large franchise. I believe it paid off, but so many people seem to overlook this game, and just as often the entire franchise, for some reason.

3. Jon Williams says:

Good video, the only thing was at times the music was a bit loud compared to the speech. Also occasionally you’d sort of stop mid-sentence and it felt a bit weird pacing-wise.
    Still good video though, nice to hear your thoughts on a game you obviously care about a lot.

4. goombagore says:

Neat retrospective! I feel like this could become a “series” where you take a look at the most formative game in lesser-known/less popular Nintendo franchises. Just a thought.

• Kevin Grant says:

I was already thinking about it! But hey, if people want to see it, then I might very well do it.

• Curiosity says:

I would support this. Looking at older games is something that I love to do, but I feel that is done very little. Don’t limit it to Nintendo games though if you ever feel that you want to branch out.

I don’t get a chance to visit journalism sites all that often though, so congrats. You have one more subscriber.

5. JC Denton says:

So, what is the best power up?
    For me it has to be Ice + bomb

• Kevin Grant says:

Pfft, the snowman? As if, brah. Bomb and cutter – those ninja stars are OP. Rock and cutter is pretty fun too, though, if just for the cameos.

6. Anona says:

so kirby isn’t a pokemon?
    you kids and your anime characters.

7. Seanie says:

In Return to Dreamland you have to kiss your friends to heal them and i think thats cute…

8. ThatOneBro says:

Kevin, what did you think of Triple Deluxe? I found that it was pretty imaginative, even if the power selection felt like Kirby Super Star 1.2 in a sense.

• Kevin Grant says:

Sorry for the late reply! I haven’t played TD yet, unfortunately, but I’ve heard good things about it. From what I’ve seen, it looks pretty imaginative.