Sly Cooper Movie Coming in 2016

Sly Cooper Movie Coming in 2016

sly-cooper

Last year a Ratchet & Clank CGI film was announced for 2015, and now another notable video game franchise has been announced for a 2016 release, Sly Cooper.

A synopsis for the film can be found on the Sly Cooper Movie Facebook page’s About section.

Sly Cooper is a kinetic and comedic heist film that tells the story of Sly Cooper, an orphaned raccoon thief, along with his childhood friends and partners in crime, Bentley Turtle and Murray Hippo. In the film, Sly learns of his birth family’s secret legacy; that he comes from a long line of talented and international thieves. Endowed with this knowledge, Sly and his friends are catapulted into a global adventure as they race to reassemble pieces of an ancient book holding The Cooper Clan’s family secrets before it can fall into the hands of Clockwerk – an evil Russian metallic owl bent on ending the Cooper family line. From romantic Parisian backdrops to the lush mountains of China, gritty film noir meets bright, colorful graphic novels in this origin story of the world’s greatest thief-turned-hero.

Rainmaker Entertainment and Blockade Entertainment, the animation studios working on the Ratchet & Clank film, will also be working on Sly Cooper.

From the synopsis we can gather that Sly Cooper will be a retelling of the first game, Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, and the VAs for Sly, Bentley, and Murray from the games will be returning. With the same producers and animation studios working on two Sony franchises we might be seeing the beginning of a string of video game adaptations.

Source: Sly Cooper Facebook

1. fish.heads says:

Honestly, I thought we were past the point of having games constantly being adapted into films, but I guess not.

2. Crowley says:

I’m looking forward to the Ratchet and Clank movie much more than I am this Sly Cooper film. The style for this just looks off.

3. A Feral Jew says:

Why?

4. Mehbah says:

Sly looks horrible now. Who thought it would be a good idea to use CGI for this movie, anyway? The games have a cartoony look that would be perfect for a hand-drawn movie.

We’re going to see low-quality games with the same design around the release of the movie, aren’t we?

Also, Jax and Daxter movie when?

5. nope says:

Holy shit, I looked up those companies and now I’m in fucking stiches.

• Amer Hmaidan says:

Oh, they made Barbie in The Nutcracker. That was a fine movie. This should turn out completely ok.

The guys that did the esurance commercials were commissioned to do the trailers for Sly Cooper 4 and they looked so much better than this.

• On the other hand, Rainmaker made ReBoot and Beast Wars, so making something of decent quality isn’t COMPLETELY out of their grasp.

• Amer Hmaidan says:

I wasn’t being facetious with my earlier comment though. I actually watched that Barbie movie 3 or 4 times. It’s been years since I last saw it though.

Don’t ask me why. I don’t know why.

• The Theory says:

I’m still waiting for the ReBoot Movie they hyped years ago,,,

-The Theory

6. Anon says:

Sly Cooper’s Dreamworks face is so fucking awful

7. Kyle Lawrence says:

I really don’t understand why Sly has a different style than the games when the R&C film, animated by the same company, is staying true to the games. It’s just a really odd choice. Unless they’re planning to pump out some sequels.

8. The only okay-looking model is Bentley. Sly just looks odd and Murray is just way off.

Hard to say if I’m up for this one. The humor keeps in charm with the series, but it’s only a teaser. Plus I haven’t read anywhere saying if the writers of the game are on board.
    Lack of info and the 2016 date is probably why I’m more eager for Ratchet & Clank at the moment.

• Kyle Lawrence says:

Directing, screenplay, and writing will be handled by Kevin Munroe. He worked on Freaky Fliers and wrote TMNT and the Dylan Dog adaptation. But the Ratchet and Clank film will be written by TJ Fixman, who has written for, I think, all the PS3 era games

9. Dorothy Langcaster says:

The character design is abysmal, especially Murray

10. serpen1 says:

make it stop

11. Anon says:

Looks like crap.

12. Sagawa says:

I already knew that something was wrong the movie when it opens with a Reservoir Dogs reference…

13. GSG says:

God I hate CG animated movies

• Anonymous says:

A shame the only well to sell an animated film to the average American is by making it CGI.