Gather Your Podcast Episode 45

Gather Your Podcast Episode 45

gypcolored2

DownloadRSSSubscribe on iTunes

On this week’s Gather Your Podcast – Kyle, Mike, Amer, and Chris discuss: Blizzard says offline play in Diablo 2 was a mistake, PS4 launch, Fallout 4 announcement, white Ouya, Project M, and more!

Filed under: ,

1. Dushanan says:

Hey since someone mentioned it, is Gather Your Perspective ever coming back?

also, if you guys cared about views, Mike would stream League of Legends with a face cam and low-cut shirt. aw yeah free views and $$$

• Jake Booth says:

It’ll be back one day. We weren’t really happy with it as it was and we’ve been trying to fix the problems we had with it and come up with actual interesting things to talk about. It’s a long process but it’s not dead.

• Dushanan says:

Well that’s awesome to hear! Can’t wait to see it.

Now where’s my Mike-facecam charity streams? GYP come on and deliver!

On a serious note, since I forgot to comment about it before, but Squadron 42 is the singleplayer mode of Star Citizen. I think it might have been just a tutorial type thing before, but I’m pretty sure one of the new stretch goals was to expand it a lot.

So Amer, did you pledge to Star Citizen?

2. serpen1 says:

Oh boy, I can’t wait to hear about how they nerfed supports again and made wards even more spammable!
    Thanks, gather your summoners!

3. where is catsman says:

All this talk about Mario reminds me of Raocow.
    Have any of you guys watched his videos? Cat planet is a notable one.

4. IGN says:

Playing Star Citizen’s single player mode (known as Squadron 42) gives you “citizenship” for the MMO portion of the game, which awards in-game benefits and higher reputation with some factions and lower reputation with others. Citizenship is supposed to be able to be earned in Star Citizen through other ways, the single player just lets you start with it.

One of the big things driving donations has been these car commercial-esque advertisements for in-game ships.

5. Gig says:

Has someone been adding awkward pauses on edit again?

Also if the next MTM is about smash bros again for the 8th time it would be really disappointing. Throw FPS players a bone every once in a while.

• Amer Hmaidan says:

Actually we just haven’t been bothering to remove them anymore. These are the raw versions of the GYP podcasts.

• Chris Wagar says:

I was actually considering F-Zero. Also I’ve done a bunch of FPS ones.

• Chris Wagar says:

But smash bros has brought in the hits more than anything else, so I think it may have more potential, so I don’t know. I’m still not in a place where I have enough time to produce another.

6. Swear to ME! says:

Did you guys even attempt to invite Cameron back?

• Kyle Johnson says:

He knows the door is always open for him to come back. I’m sure the last thing he wants is to be repeatedly asked.

7. Buml says:

I like the guy who does neckbeard voice, very authentic.

8. Taylor says:

About those chess variants: not all of them are bad. For starters, there’s a lot of regional variations that are generally playable, and I think that at least the Chinese variant has more potential complexity or something. It’s very anti-draw as well, because a stalemate doesn’t make a draw: a player who has no legal moves is the one who loses, and it’s illegal to force the same moves on the board repeatedly: no moving the rook equivalent up and down ranks over and over to follow the king equivalent, etc.

I don’t know, it’s just cool and strange because you have a general and he can’t leave this tiny area called the palace, and you have cannons and chariots and elephants. Oh, and letting one general directly see the other is illegal because it lets the opponent use the Flying General move and immediately win. Why have a rule like that? I dunno, it’s fucking China, man, they got kung fu or something!