Gentlemen Discussing Vidya

Gentlemen Discussing Vidya

reboot

DownloadSubscribe on iTunesMore download options

A spectacular reboot special – the gentlemen discuss next generation woes, EVO, the Steam summer sale, Phil Fish, Super Mario Land 2, and hole diggin’. Plus, Happyman recieves a Deadly Premonition… fanfiction.

1. This is the best thing

2. serpen1 says:

We need a sanic racing game night. I really want to play with more then the 3 friends I know who bought the game.

3. asd says:

what happened to gather your podcast by the way? its ages since the last episode

4. Gig says:

Happyman doing his best not to crack up reading the fanfic always makes me laugh out loud. It’s the best ending possible to the podcast.

5. FunkyKong says:

Happyman your reading of that DP fanfiction is the highlight of my week,thanks.

6. Cruz says:

The kids from FE:A come from Alternate worlds were the you and most of the adults die.

Also your kids are potentially the strongest units in the games, so you fucked up by letting them die.

Unrelated.
    I want a gyp podcast too. ;_;

• Happyman says:

that’s even dumber somehow

also i played on normal so it doesnt matter

• Cruz says:

Well time travel is a pretty hard to write about but it does make sense.

If you back in time and try to change the past more than likely your past will stay the same and you end up creating different universes. They are the results of a bad ending where the evil Dragon wins.

7. no says:

stop calling games “vidya”

8. Fishy Cunt says:

Sanic Racing Transformers is litterally the only game that made me so mad to the point of semi-consciously beating my own ballsack with my Xbox controller at a speed that exceeds the limits of self-arming-mental-barriers.
    Fuck that Burning Rangers track!

As for the cunundrum,

• Fishy Cunt says:

Woops fucked up

As for the conundrum, I wish to ban all kinds of quest markers that tells you exactly how far and where to go! It litterally ruins the experience in every single case.

9. rinslime says:

What is the other 1% that Gentlemen Discussing Vidya is made out of?

10. 3 says:

So where’s the link to that map? I wanted to see it.

11. Sex Beast Eugene says:

What’s your Twitter, Robert?

12. Ahriman says:

Jesus, that Deadly Prem Fan-fic was weird. Expertly timed too as I’ve just started playing it. Have to say, Fan-Fic quality writing aside it kinda fit with the actual scripting of the game. I wonder if Swery has a Fanfiction.net account.

On the subject of Bad Game Mechanics I have two-regening health (because it really ruined the FPS genre) and Shitty QTE final bosses. Two offenders that pissed me off in particular were the 2008 Splatterhouse re-make and Space Marine. I enjoyed both games a tonne, only for that last fight to fall flat on it’s ass.

13. Dushanan says:

rip Cameron. rip K-Smooth.

The new Sonic racing is really, really good. Especially compared to Mario Kart 7, which just makes me want to throw my 3DS (which I almost did while playing it).

Fuck unskippable cutscenes, they need to go. They really suck if you screw up a section of a game and need to replay it. And they also suck in Half Life 2. The novelty of the cutscenes that aren’t really cutscenes wears off fast.